Like azukitchen said, the "Open 2 Treasure Chests" quest in level 5 is broken, and that bums me out because I want more. Very addictive, I love it! I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Blocky Dungeon 0.75
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
This is the latest version of Blocky Dungeon, a game where you build the dungeon and explore it at the same time!
The core premise hasn't changed much from past releases, but there are still some major changes. These are all experimental, and I would really like to know what you think of the direction the game is taking.
Here's a list of the biggest gameplay changes:
- previously when a complete line was formed, it would get cleared automatically, destroying whatever was on it (knight included). In this new version, lines don't get cleared instantly. Instead, the knight has to walk on the line, press a button [Ctrl or LB] to 'activate' it, and walk off. Only then the line will clear.
- enemies no longer move every time the knight moves. Now they only move after a Tetris piece has been placed on the board.
- to make combat more engaging, I added several systems to it:
- if you kill an enemy by dealing exactly the same amount of damage as their HP, you can start an Attack Power combo. This combo can be started by activating full lines as well.
- When the combo is active, the knight gets an attack bonus equal to the combo level.
- For example, defeating a 1HP enemy by dealing 1 damage starts a combo. At this point the knight will have an attack power of 2, and if he can defeat a 2HP enemy in the same turn, his attack power will go up to 3, and so on.
- By planning your moves, you can keep your combo up and defeating stronger enemies in one hit.
- The combo will be reset once the next Tetris piece gets placed or when the knight fails to execute a 'perfect kill' as described above.
- Additionally, killing multiple enemies before a new Tetris piece gets placed gives a bonus on the EXP points acquired with each kill.
- As the game goes on, the 'Dungeon Level' will increase. When this happens, enemies will also level up, and they will spawn with more HP.
Aside from this, I've made countless balance changes to enemy and item spawns, a graphics overhaul of the dungeon background and HUD along with several bug and glitch fixes and general tweaks overall. I'm sure I haven't fixed them all, so if you run into any weird behavior (and of course if the game breaks or freezes/crashes) be sure to report it so I can find out the cause and fix it in the future!
Before you play, be sure to check out the controls in the main menu (they're in the pause menu too!) and choose the control scheme that you like best.
I plan to add a tutorial to ease players into the game's various rules and mechanics soon, so sorry if some things take some time to figure out right now.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi.I'm happy to play this game.Thanks to make it.When I played, it happened a problem.I played floor5 on Quest Mode.The Objective of the floor is "Collect 50 gold" and "Open 2 treasure chests".I achieved "Collect 50 gold" easily,but "Open 2 treasure chests" was never end.On the screen,right space of "Open 2 treasure chests" is blank ever.Then, I played the stage 1 hour.Maybe, it is bug.Please check it.Bless you.
Congratulations, great game! I'm still learning the ropes but the game is already very fun and presents interesting decisions, I think the UI could use some work, as playing both roles can be a little bit confusing at times. Looking forward to the next updates!
Good idea, could be a promising game